This policy states how I use your personal data when you interact with me for counselling services.
As a registered member of BACP and UKCP (registered as "Ilia (Stavroula) Daoussi") I abide by their standards and ethical requirements which include the strict guidance on the requirements of confidentiality.
Personal data I hold about you
• Title, First Name, Last Name
• Includes: Mailing Address, Email addresses, Telephone numbers, Zoom (or similar video-calling) address.
• GP details.
• Telephone, email and zoom details are held on my personal password protected computer and smartphone.
I hold brief handwritten notes to provide cues and reminders of session detail.
At times I may request that I record our sessions. This will only happen with your prior consent and you will have the option to withdraw consent at any time.
These notes and/or recordings are stored in a secure, locked safe.
These notes and/or recordings are retained for the period specified by my professional bodies and my professional indemnity insurers. As soon as the retaining period has lapsed, all notes are destroyed.
When I use your personal data
For the purpose of contacting you with any of the following options
• To arrange/rearrange any session
• To submit an invoice (upon request)
• To submit a receipted invoice (upon request)
• To provide any information that I might have agreed to supply you with
• To provide any updated information regarding my services
• I do not share any of your details with any other party. The only exception to this would be in the event of my death. Under the terms of my professional will, my professional executor will be able to access your contact details to enable them to inform you about my death and to support you to find another therapist with whom to work, should you wish them to. This provision is a requirement of my professional body.
• My own supervisor does not have access to any identifying information relating to you, baring a first name.
• I pay a fee to the Office of the Information Commissioner, as required by the legislation governing date control.